Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > draguta
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.

`BC` ~My Valentines Day 2013~

Submit "`BC` ~My Valentines Day 2013~" to Digg Submit "`BC` ~My Valentines Day 2013~" to del.icio.us Submit "`BC` ~My Valentines Day 2013~" to StumbleUpon Submit "`BC` ~My Valentines Day 2013~" to Google
Posted 02-19-2013 at 12:58 PM by draguta

~Since this month's blogging theme is all about love I thought it'd be ideal & appropriate to talk about my Valentines day 2013. It was not your typical Valentines day, but it was definitely mine, and what started out as a total unconventional, unassuming & blase Valentines Day ended up being the best one I've had since 2010 at The Atlanta Ballet's "Dracula". Please Note- This entry was mostly wrote last week, but is just now being posted as I just now had the chance to add the ending part & all that, so if you find me referring to "yesterday" as if it were Valentines day or anything like that, that's why. Your understanding is appreciated in advance.

~My Valentines Day started off, and was....very busy. I had a good many errands to run yesterday and also a good many Valentines gifts/presents/flowers to buy and deliver to my nearest & dearest...Well tbh, some of my not-so- nearest & dearest but pretty darn cool, helpful, hard-working and just "good" people all the same .

~When I finally got some time to myself I wanted to do absolutely nothing and just space-out for awhile, but didn't have enough time for a full & complete trip so I just did the best I could. My husband was out-of-town, as always as that is how he works pretty much, and his flight was not arriving at Hartsfield until well into the night, and I was sure to be asleep before he came tumbling in. Though not a space trip I did end up receiving a break though as my husband phoned to let me know he had hired & booked a masseuse, which is exactly what the doctor ordered for me, and that I should probably get going. ...One full uninterrupted hour of total & complete bliss that required me to do not a think but lie down, take off my clothes, shut-up & relax while someone else melts every single ounce of stress & tension away from my body with their bare magical hands & eases away my every care in the world with just the tips of their fingers....Ahhhhhhhh.

~I did wake up when my hubby got in last night due to our doggie barking. It was a pleasant waking & not a grouchy one though probably because he arrived with the most amazingly colored beautiful roses in the world in his hand & a box of chocolates in the other and a shopping bag over his shoulder which contained a gorgeous black dress & a cute & nifty perfect fitting top! Yeah, he better be glad he had something coming in waking me up like that lol...just j/k he's wonderful!

~Post-Valentines Day, which would have been more like my actual Valentines day since we didn't get to really celebrate until this day because my hubby was still out-of-town, has been even busier for me, or "us" should I say. Between doing this & that- you know just taking care of everyday things that need to be done, especially expected & inevitable since he's only in town every once a blue moon, he did manage to squeeze in more than enough perfect activities that have just made my day....Heck, my week even!

~I know when most people think Valentines day activities/dates they think romantic candlelit dinners at elegant restaurants, catching "Carmen" or maybe "Don Carlo", attending one of the couple's favorite charities annual Valentines day balls or whichever of the many black-tie events there are because I do too. Valentines day is when couples spend time together & show their significant others how much they care for them whether that equals plans to eat fancy French food, or perhaps french fries instead....a huge shiny rock for the girl's finger or a rock n roll concert...IOW it's not so much what we do but why we do it. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE candlelit dinners at elegant restaurants, huge shiny diamonds, ballets, balls... you name it--I love those things & have done them all in Valentines past! I also love visiting my local firing range to practice my aim from time to time and it just so happens my husband took me there where we had a great time! So, instead of a candlelit dinner I got to unwind at the firing range!

~...Little did I know that the firing range visit was actually a prelude to something else.......We left there and proceeded to visit a few gun shops just browsing around, my husband with intent though, as he questioned the salesmen about some revolvers. At about the 3rd or 4th one he bought me the revolver I had been eyeing been for awhile. So, I'm very pleased & happy with my new pistol! With all the talk about dinner earlier it is important to note that we did eat and did do so by going out to a restaurant. Since I wanted to go to Sugarloaf mall I requested "Dave & Buster's" b/c I absolutely love that place and it had been forever since I'd been there and it's very close to Sugarloaf. I only browsed and purchased in 2 stores at the mall, Neiman Marcus & Leggs Hanes Bali before leaving to go and eat. At Dave & Buster's I had their cheeseburger & fries....& started off with their version of a "Long Island Iced Tea" which was so good that I wish I had one right now just thinking about it, lol, but finished with a couple bottles of Bud. My husband, who has to eat seafood of some kind at least so many times a year or else he fears some kind of nutritional deficiencies lol, had the shrimp & something...Idk and "Blue Moon" beer...yuck! We had a blast playing all the games their at D&Bs & won a few tickets & got a few little trinkets like those little rubber rings with sayings on them, a pen, a laffy taffy & a couple other things.

~Oh, I almost forgot, we went to "Hot Topic" before eating and I bought a few things there(mainly as gifts for someone else but some for myself)including one of their $5 mystery bags(for myself- I LOVE mystery bags!!)where you have no clue what's in it until after you buy. Well, I was almost thrilled with my selection of mystery bag-- I got a fingernail polish(really pretty color too)in a bottle shaped like a skull, a button with that werewolf guy from "Twilight" on it and one of those trendy rubber bracelets that are all the rage lately and its colors were awesome....black & hot pink(which happened to be the same colors as a top & earring tomatch the top I had bought earlier)! ..However, guess what it said? What the hell is a "Bass Whore"!? That's what it said "Bass Whore". I just can't imagine!!

~Anyway, I'm still beaming from my totally fun, unconventional Valentines day and still enjoying all my gifts & such.....except my flowers are withered now, my husband is gone and unfortunately all my chocolates are gone. Oh well, I'm still pleased! ..Till next time guys!
Posted in ~Miscellaneous~
Views 7155 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A Bass Whore is a person who typically listens to excessive amounts of bass. Usually listens to music in search of bass induced eargasms. Will generally have sub-woofers installed in every speaker system available. Usually found in stores replacing repeatedly blown speaker systems. Will describe bass beats as "gnarly, dirty, sick, filthy etc."

And sorry, your story sort of had me until the part about the guns. There is no place for guns and love in the same sentence in my book, sorry! The world is troubled enough without people associating the two as if they where meant to go together.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jadegem View Comment
    A Bass Whore is a person who typically listens to excessive amounts of bass. Usually listens to music in search of bass induced eargasms. Will generally have sub-woofers installed in every speaker system available. Usually found in stores replacing repeatedly blown speaker systems. Will describe bass beats as "gnarly, dirty, sick, filthy etc."

And sorry, your story sort of had me until the part about the guns. There is no place for guns and love in the same sentence in my book, sorry! The world is troubled enough without people associating the two as if they where meant to go together.

~Thank you so much for letting me know exactly what a 'bass whore' was! ..."Eargasms"! The bracelet in itself was pretty, it's colors were amazing & perfect & all, but I just can't see myself wearing a bracelet, or anything else for that matter, with the word 'whore' on it anywhere(..except maybe on a Halloween while in an eccentric mood). It is good to finally know its meaning, and once again....Thank you; I appreciate you taking the time to explain/type it out, etc.!

(jadegem quote)"And sorry, your story sort of had me until the part about the guns"(end quote)

~There is no need to be sorry about anything. I don't expect everyone to like, or to agree with, my blogs; however I am very glad & very appreciative that you even read my entry period & that you commented !

(jadegem quote)"There is no place for guns and love in the same sentence in my book, sorry!.....

~Okay. That is your book so you're perfectly well within your rights there. However, in continuing to read your next sentence...

(jadegem quote con't)...The world is troubled enough without people associating the two as if they where meant to go together" (end quote)

~....it appears you are accusing me of doing or saying something that I did not....and that is not within your right.

~It is possible that this was simply a misunderstanding, so I will be happy to clarify so there will be no further confusion-

~My blog entry is in no way trying to associate the use of guns & love in the sense that you are implying & accusing. Guns are not the central theme in this entry; there is a lot more to it that just guns. My goal was to try and re-create a timeline, or to list all of the events, that occurred on Valentines day & the day after; and I can only hope that I conveyed that well. I can say that after re-reading it, I do see many different events listed and that the gun one is only a minute piece of a much larger puzzle.

~For reference, I start off my above entry with a general theme of this Valentines day, 2013, being an unconventional one(the topic). I then make my point that although most people generally have the same generic cliche picture in their minds of what a Valentines date looks like, that Valentines day IMHHO is all about being with the one you love & spending time with them no matter what you're doing as long as you're happy/having a good time with the one you love; I thought I conveyed this well with my following quote from my above entry.....

"Valentines day is when couples spend time together & show their significant others how much they care for them..."--

--I then follow-up by giving examples of some conventional, as well as some more unconventional-type dates....

"Whether that equals plans to eat fancy French food, or perhaps french fries instead....a huge shiny rock for the girl's finger or a rock n roll concert...IOW it's not so much what we do but why we do it".

~In my case, one of the activities that I enjoy very much is visiting the firing range, and that activity was incorporated into our Valentines day(...thus the point of an unconventional, out-of-the-ordinary Valentines day while still being with the one you love & having a good time thus accomplishing the point of 02/14)....Not because we associate love with guns, not because we are violent thugs, not because we are domestically violent...not because we enjoy killing people/animals in our spare time, but because this is simply one of the activities that we enjoy doing...Nothing more, nothing less and nothing more should try and be made out of it. As 2 American citizens we have the right to bear arms and we do so for protection. I get that many people do not support that right nor would they ever enjoy going to their local firing range, but I also get that we don't have to agree with one another nor like each others activities and that we can still live & thrive peacefully on the same planet.
    Updated 02-24-2013 at 01:03 PM by draguta