Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > (bo)blog
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

BC - Album of the Week

Submit "BC - Album of the Week" to Digg Submit "BC - Album of the Week" to del.icio.us Submit "BC - Album of the Week" to StumbleUpon Submit "BC - Album of the Week" to Google
Posted 06-26-2013 at 12:05 PM by bob

The title of this post is meant quite literally - Alela Diane's album About Farewell was released just the other day. After a few listens, I'm ready to claim that this is an excellent piece of work.

Alela Diane is a U.S. singer-songwriter of the folksy variety (no surprise to anyone who has read any of my previous blog posts, I suppose...) The theme of About Farewell is divorce, which results in a collection of melancholic songs - haunting, but not without a certain lightness, as can be heard in the beautiful title track:

I am very fond of Alela Diane's voice, or rather, her way of singing. There is something about her diction that makes every word stand out, as if she wants the listener to know that she has got something important to say. She is more than just some noise in the background, she demands our attention. And she does that without ever raising her voice. I find that very impressive.

My favourite track from the album - this far, that is, things like that tend to change over time - is Hazel Street, so why not end this post with a live video of that very song? About Farewell can be found on Spotify (and possibly anywhere else you'll find albums), in case anyone is interested in hearing the whole thing.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4210 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Wow, this is really great! I am going to have to add this to a playlist on Spotify. And much gratitude for your blog posts, I can honestly say you have given me a new appreciation for folksy type music!
  2. Old Comment
    Mission accomplished!
    It always makes me happy when someone finds new music because of me.