Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > (bo)blog
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

D3 - My Favourite Instrument Is the Human Voice

Submit "D3 - My Favourite Instrument Is the Human Voice" to Digg Submit "D3 - My Favourite Instrument Is the Human Voice" to del.icio.us Submit "D3 - My Favourite Instrument Is the Human Voice" to StumbleUpon Submit "D3 - My Favourite Instrument Is the Human Voice" to Google
Posted 01-31-2011 at 01:15 PM by bob
Updated 02-04-2011 at 04:39 PM by bob
Tags music

What makes you like the music that you like? What is it that catches your attention, what touches your heart, stomach, spine? For me, it's often a voice.

The first time I fell in love with a voice, or at least the first time I realized that I did, was in my early teens, and the vocal cords that caused my affection belonged to the late and great Freddie Mercury. Freddie's voice was light and sweet. It made my ears fly. It didn't take too long before I developed similar feelings towards REM's Michael Stipe. The way he sang, heart on his sleeve, letting every emotion out, made me wonder if it was possible to marry someone's voice. If so, I knew who would be my chosen one.

Freddie Mercury

1 decades later, I am a vocal polygamist, deeply in love with a wide range of voices. The clear and fragile voice of Kasey Chambers makes me feel surrounded by beauty. I nearly fall off my feet each time I hear the human earthquake known as Odetta. A sense of security fills me up when the melancholic warmth of Townes van Zandt hits my ears. The list goes on and on, and I hope that it never will stop growing.

Odetta
Posted in Music
Views 1054 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments