Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > JUST ANOTHER DAY OF A LONER
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Who Am I?

Submit "Who Am I?" to Digg Submit "Who Am I?" to del.icio.us Submit "Who Am I?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who Am I?" to Google
Posted 07-15-2010 at 01:36 AM by helga
Updated 07-19-2010 at 10:18 PM by helga

I am not the daughter of Eve,
But a descendant of Lilith.
You won't find me beneath
I will be on top with my head up.
I will be known by my name
And not through Adam's.
I am not molded into his like
But sculpted into my high expectations.
His pride will make him bitter,
But inside his head he'll say;

"I bow to you, oh strong woman!
In many ways you showed yourself
Worthy to walk beside me,
In many ways you are my equal.
Your courage, I envy
And your true self deeply respect."

I wrote this after feeling a bit upset by a comment made by a woman who was trying to convince me and other woman that woman should always stay beside her man even if the relationship's health is in bad shape. This person is and was in a relationship in which she suffered physical abuse by the father of her children, while pregnant of her first child.
Even though she left that relationship after her family finally came to her rescue her now partner, for more than 10 years is always drinking and cheating on her openly.
All to give your children a home with both parents in it.
I am sorry but I REFUSE to accept that a woman should lower her self worth just so she can be seen with a man. What the children family values? I don't see them there. As women and mothers we have the responsibility to show our children how to be the best that they can be as human beings. How to properly respect one another and self worth.
Posted in POEMS
Views 2124 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    That's a great poem, and that's a great thing you're standing up for yourself.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a husband that doesn't show and care and compassion towards you
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thucthuc View Comment
    That's a great poem, and that's a great thing you're standing up for yourself.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a husband that doesn't show and care and compassion towards you
    The sad part, at least to me, is that a lot of woman in my country go through this kind of relationships and find it ok. There is no help available, and some of this kind of events are made into jokes. They are only upset when the woman is the one abusing her partner. Thankfully the new generation is less tolerable for this kind of thinks, but unfortunately they still happening all around the world.
  3. Old Comment
    Yes these things very much happen....
    Even in elite families...the man comes home drunk and the woman is victim of domestic abuse !!