Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > mollym
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Hunger Games gobbles up the competition!

Submit "Hunger Games gobbles up the competition!" to Digg Submit "Hunger Games gobbles up the competition!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hunger Games gobbles up the competition!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hunger Games gobbles up the competition!" to Google
Posted 03-26-2012 at 04:45 AM by mollym

"May the odds be ever in your favor."

"The Hunger Games” thundered to the third best North American debut in history this weekend, with $155 million, charging the box office and launching a franchise that could challenge the “Twilight” series.

Read more: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/11527004-421/huge-appetite-for-the-hunger-games-breaks-box-office-records.html

I have to say I am not surprised! $150 million and counting! Well above the second place "21 Jump Street" at just over a measly $20+ million. The hype and excitement surrounding "The Hunger Games" BEFORE it's release, was astounding. I myself read all three books, and my anticipation for seeing the movie was palpable! I got my husband and daughter to see it with me (both of which have NOT read the books) and they loved it! Even though I knew what to expect and anticipated the ultimate outcome, I was still thoroughly entertained.

I have no doubt that it will continue it's box office success. I myself may contribute to the running tally after my daughter finishes the first book. It's definitely worth seeing again.
Will "Catching Fire" (rumored to release in 2013) garner the same opening-weekend success? That remains to be seen, but two things are certain: I will see it and Peeta ftw!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9888 Comments 5 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Pheee! I am off to see it Thursday and I am looking forward to it. I read the first book last week and now I am hooked. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. Oh and Peeta is the best! hehe
  2. Old Comment
    Cool! I think you will like it very much!
  3. Old Comment
    $10 from the $150million comes from me lol, I want to go see it again so bad! And i cannot wait for catching fire I hope its even better!
    Posted 03-26-2012 at 11:50 AM by hidingbutterflies hidingbutterflies is offline
  4. Old Comment
    BECAUSE IT'S A SPLENDIDUBERAMACIOUS MOVIE. :}
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hidingbutterflies View Comment
    $10 from the $150million comes from me lol, I want to go see it again so bad! And i cannot wait for catching fire I hope its even better!
    haha yep 21 bucks from me rofl