Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > draguta
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

`BC`Ghosts of Love's Past

Submit "`BC`Ghosts of Love's Past" to Digg Submit "`BC`Ghosts of Love's Past" to del.icio.us Submit "`BC`Ghosts of Love's Past" to StumbleUpon Submit "`BC`Ghosts of Love's Past" to Google
Posted 02-04-2013 at 12:32 PM by draguta

~To start out this month of "LVE", I thought it would be neat to visit some discussions past and reminisce down our lovely memory lane here.

--winter_solstice(03-14-12)/"At what age is love 'real'?"/ http://www.divachix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90232

"I'm quite interesting in finding out people's opinions on this. As I've grown up, I've always had it drilled into me that you cannot feel true love when you are young, that it's all just raging hormones. Do you think your ability to truly love someone is affected by you age?
Right now, I feel like what I'm feeling must be love, but from what I've been told throughout my life, apparently the fact that I am 14/have no experiences with these things means this must be invalid. So, my opinion is that it's possible, but it's very easy to be mislead by false feelings if you've never felt anything like it before, so maybe not immediate dismissal of 'young love', but a certain cautiousness towards it.
So, I guess the main questions here really are:
1) Can a teenager fall in love, and would this be 'real'?
2) If you think it's just caused by raging hormones, does this make the feeling invalid?
3) Are attitudes towards teenage relationship to close minded, or are the opinions I have highlighted above generally accurate?"

--Ashhry(03-15-12)
"To be honest, nobody truly knows what love is, and therefore no love can be called "real" or "unreal".
Adults like to say that children and teenagers don't know what love is, but do they? Their love often involves other matters such as money, marriage, children, etc. Is this any more "real" than hormones?
Consider childish affections: the boy next door gives you a chocolate, or a flower, and says that he will marry you someday. Adults call this "cute", but they never think it's love. Consider teenage romances: you fall in love with a guy who has the best smile in the world, and you feel like you're the luckiest person on earth. Adults call this "puppy love", and they think it will never last.
What the adults say are definitely valid, but that doesn't mean they're 100% correct. If we think of it, maybe younger children understand love a lot better than adults. For them, love is simple-- it means being happy with another person.
Allow me to end with this:
Girl: What is love?
Boy: Love is when you take my chocolates every day, and I still keep them in the same place.

(PS. sorry for typing a post that doesn't really make sense. just pretending to be philosophical)"

--Hidingbutterflies(03-15-12)
"I'm just saying anyone can love. Love isn't just about who you like, but also who you care about. If love someone at school or as a teenager but in the nonfamily way, you must truly care about them, and know about them, and accept them for who they are. I do believe a teenager can love, but teenagers these days should truly think about when they use this powerful word."

--Zombies-(02-23-12)"Am I the only one who thinks saying 'I love you' is a big deal?"
http://www.divachix.com/forums/showt...bies+love+deal

"I just don't get people who can say it someone they've only been on a few dates with. Or who say it to someone for the entire duration of their relationship, and then immediately start dating someone else the day after they break up. It's just... so strange to me. It just feels like saying it so soon takes away from the validity of it. Like, if you're going to say it on day 1 and you say it all the time, when will I know when you really mean it? I can understand situations where people have been friends for awhile, but I mean when people who weren't previously close go on a few dates and then suddenly say they're in love... I just don't get it. I know it's none of my business how other people behave, but it annoys me. lol
I dunno. I was just always under the impression that saying it is a big deal, but my friends all think I'm strange for thinking that. Most of them can say it to their boyfriends within two weeks, and I just can't even imagine actually falling in love with someone in that time span. And there are other ways to express how I feel without essentially lying to a person and saying it just for the sake of saying it. Am I too serious or are people weird? lol
Not really an angry rant, but I dunno where else to put it so ."

--maleficient(02-24-12)
"That is just was too soon to say it! Although I think I have I love you problems, as I can barely say it to my mom, it is not something you hand off to everyone you meet."

--Aftertheflood(02-24-12)
"Maybe it's just relationship etiquette for some people, I doubt that if most of those people who just entered a relationship really thought about it they would say that they truly love them. And there is that whole love versus being in love thing.
Personally it's not something I'd say easily either."

--Cocodoll(01-22-12)"Definition of Love."
http://www.divachix.com/forums/showt...on+love&page=2
"I believe there is no right or wrong definition of love. Everyone has their own perception of what it is. I also believe that someones definition of love can be summed up in one or two words. I'd love to see your definitions, so feel free to post them below.

My definition
I believe love is like solving a 1,000 piece puzzle. While solving a puzzle, you'll come across pieces that you think may fit, you may try to squeeze them in, but they just wont budge. You'll also come across pieces that will fit perfectly, and will you lead to completing the puzzle quicker. Obviously it's going to take a while to solve, but in the end you'll either feel like you've spent a great deal on it, as well as feel pleased or you could feel the complete opposite."

--xPauLiNa-ALexiSx(01-24-12)
"Love is perfectly imperfect. It has nothing to do with who was there the longest, but with who will be there when you need them. It isn't about being someone's fairytale ending, but interlocking your heart and soul with someone else's. It can't simply be described, it has to be felt."

--strobelights(03-17-12)
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...." 1 Corinthians 13:48a
Best definition I've found so far."
Posted in ~Miscellaneous~
Views 3009 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments