Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > pretty . little . scribble
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

02.06.2013. newnewnew!

Submit "02.06.2013.   newnewnew!" to Digg Submit "02.06.2013.   newnewnew!" to del.icio.us Submit "02.06.2013.   newnewnew!" to StumbleUpon Submit "02.06.2013.   newnewnew!" to Google
Posted 06-02-2013 at 07:05 PM by hollyx
Updated 06-02-2013 at 07:31 PM by hollyx

Oh my gosh, it's been so longggg again. I'm sorry! ;(

Hi guyssssssssssssss!

I actually wrote up a new post a few days ago, totally finished it, added all the pictures and my laptop crashed before I got around to post it *rage*

It's update time!!

New shop collection~
Finally, little miss fashionista made it to lifesize~
I'll tell you know, I almost gave up on her earlier this month and I almost totally gave up on the idea of even slightly honouring my shops one year anniversary.
I think I said it in one of my last posts, but fashionista won't be 'joining in' with the Diva Chix "elegant/glamorous/long gown/classy' looks, maybe one or two dressy looks, but I said as soon as I started making her that I wanted to make a doll and style that is street style more than anything.
I'm making clothes that I'd want to wear everyday, not clothes that I think will sell well on DC. *shuns any hint of marketing/trading skills I've leant in my new job*. Actually I just bought the shorts in the Meeka collection in le real world, and my sister owns the pants and crop top that will be in the jeanie collection!

Alright so, explanation and introductions out of the way, I'd like to introduce you to Heighla, Meeka & Jeanie.

"Heighla is preppy, a little bit girly, and is the little J inspired outfit. She's cool and feminine, and wants to be different and fit in at the same time. She's smart and school-appropriate, but twists it up in fun colours, crops and bright socks."

"Meeka is the Serena Van Der Woodsens and Rihanna's of the world - she is effortless and cool all the time, no matter what she's wearing. She can be bang on trend, or she can be 10 seasons ahead and she still looks fab. "

"Jeanie is your mum, and your grandma in their best days, she's retro jeans, cropped tops and big jewellery. She's passed her style down through generations to be brought back to life and been injected with a new modern twist."

*PREVIEW COMING SOON*

So, in other news - my job got really cool. I couldn't really give a monkeys about the apprenticeship side of my job - customer service is so boring, and 95% common sense, so it's literally the most dull thing ever having to do coursework on how to treat a customer properly and stuff anyhow..

For the past week the design team I work in have been doing Christmas campaigns which basically means that nobody is doing the work that we'd usually do, so since my usual ~role~ is organising the everyday workloads, I haven't been much use in the design rooms. Instead I've been helping out our photography studio, helping set up shoots, organise the clothes, shoes, bags etc that need to be shot, giving the photographers advice with their ideas and reporting everything back to the creative director to make sure everything goes to plan.

The week before that I was involved in the styling and shopping for another shoot for two of our websites (mybag.com and allsole.com - just in case anybody is curious!!) I was given the grand job of doing the shopping for the shoot, so I hopped into my car and drove off to the nearest city to do some shopping. Apart from feeling really under pressure to get everything we needed, getting paid to shop was so much fun!! I'm so happy at my job right now, and I've met some of the nicest, most polite and caring people I've ever known.

I basically just came to the realisation that I've done damn good to land this job, working with a creative team everyday and learning about how to run websites and business, learning about the marketting and trading aspects that go into the daily running of an online site is the most insightful position I've ever found myself in, and for this to be my first "full-time" job I am really grateful. I'm one of those people that stick to that cliche belief that everything happens for a reason, and it's sort of reassured me that turning rejecting all my university offers two years ago was the right thing to do when everyone was so adamant I should have gone.

Woah. That got deep.

I've also been a creative little monkey recently, apart from going shop and CYO crazy, I've rekindled my romance with my sewing machine
Think it was last weekend I had a three day weekend because of the bank holiday, so I decided to use the extra day off work to revive my sewing skills, so I altered a skirt for my mum, I re-stoned a jacket that I originally embellished for a girl at dance and I altered my sisters prom dress! She's a tiny little fairy-sized person, and the smallest size her dress came in was an 8, so probably 2 or 3 sizes too big for her. Genuinely, when she realised the dress didn't go small enough me and my mum just saw her heart sink, so my mum got the dress anyway and I offered to take in the dress so it fits her perfectly.
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my sister in her dress since she is obviously saving it for her prom, and she doesn't want anybody to see it, but she looks adorable in it omg. She looks so grown up and not like my innocent little sister anymore. she makes me feel old and boring!

Huge update, so if you've made it this far - then I love you!

Holly xoxo
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5443 Comments 7 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love that CYO, the Meeka is especially my style :p Where are those shorts from in real life?
    Your job sounds so fun! your outfits are fab as usual
  2. Old Comment
    I WANT YOUR SKILLS D:
  3. Old Comment
    Holly! I'm loving the new shop items & the new body of course! I've even been editing some mall items and making a few things for the pose! I want to see more. More more more! (: I'm so excited that those are your plans exactly! (:
    & Way to go, your job sounds amazing!
  4. Old Comment
    Thanks guysssss <33

There are a few different version of the skort going around at the moment (lookbook is crazy for it!!) there are some in zara, choies and sheinside though (:
  5. Old Comment
    Omg your job looks so perfect! And the sites you work for are so hot! What other sites do you work for?
  6. Old Comment
    Love the new collections and can't wait for Jeanie too! <3 I can't believe skorts are back in style, I used to wear those when I was little lol.
    Your job sounds like so much fun, I want to get paid to shop!
  7. Old Comment
    Cherie- those are probably the 'coolest' two, some of the other sites the company owns are thehut.com, beautyexpert.co.uk, lookfantastic.com, hqhair.com and zavvi.com (:

Ahaha! Thaaaaanks Katy Matey! ;3 I know right?! When I saw them coming back on bloggers I got so excited, I used to have a particularly fetching denim pleated skort..