Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > amazingosh
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

The Things That Go On In The Mind Of A Rower.
  1. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

Lies? Shallow? Revealed? Your ads are really a bit over the top don't you think? Especially when you are at the same time trying to recruit players to another web site? Not sure what to call that.

If you find this all so "shallow" or whatever then leave. For me it's my friends I've made here and I thoroughly enjoy my doll.
  2. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

No one is forcing you to play. It's all in fun really. It supports creativity, friendship, fashion and a number of positive aspects that I feel you may be forgetting. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, and can honestly see why you do. I just don't think you should bad mouth the site...
  3. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

To be honest, if you don't like it then don't play.
  4. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

I didn't want to comment, but after I saw your ad that says "How shallow is DivaChix?" I just had to.

I'm offended, actually. DC has been my internet home for a year now. I do understand that you're only voicing your opinions out. I do have one question though, if you think that this is such a bad community that encourages rating dolls based on their appearances and other more things, then why are you still playing? It seems to me that there is no point in staying here if you have a lot of problems with how the site is running.
  5. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

This is how it has always been, and it's really what Diva Chix is about. And no, they don't only have beautiful dolls as DOTD, some are plain looking. So it's not always based on what they see as beautiful/trendy. People vote a person dotd for a variety of reasons. Same with battles. I do understand where you are coming from, though. And I think it's cool you're voicing your opinion about something because very few people do
  6. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

Yes it is a game.. but if you look deeper it is also a community.

i gotta love my online friends here.. and I want to have more and more friends here. cause making friends is a nice thing to have

hi to all nice blog you have here
  7. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladygaga0321 View Comment
    Just remember, this is my point of view, you dont have to agree with it, you just have to accept it.
    In this case, I will disagree with this "theory", but accept it as your own opinion.
  8. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

i understand where you are coming from, but then again, its just a game.
    in a game you are supposed to enjoy, plus these things arent even real..
    i dont think anyone of us dresses in that fancy of clothes and keeps in one pose with a background behind us.

we vote every single day.. i dont get how this would be any different, in elections, we vote for who we believe is the better person, i dont see how this is any different.
  9. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

I completely understand your point. But it's not any different than say celebrities who put themselves out there to be criticized on the way they look, how they dress or how much they way. People who buy the tabloidy magazines (Us Weekly, People, etc) contribute to that. I'm guilty of it too. But it doesn't make it a bad thing. Like I said, they put themselves out there on the red carpets, premieres, etc, to be judged.

Then we have someplace like here where we can *judge* openly (and hopefully without criticism). People either can develop their own opinions or they can go along with the majority. It's their choice. And it's also the choice of the people who choose to put themselves out there to be judged.

Personally, as an adult, I come here to relax and not take it so seriously. I work 8+ hours a day, come home, take care of things, then go to several websites (that I can always turn off when I choose to) that I visit on a daily basis. And when I'm not having fun or becoming relaxed, I turn them off. Because I have that choice.

Unfortunately today in our society so much everyday is judged on someones looks or possessions. And unfortunately it will never go away.
  10. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

Just remember, this is my point of view, you dont have to agree with it, you just have to accept it.
  11. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

Anything can be interpreted in a certain way. I see that its a game, but then and again, we are human beings, everything we do is imprinted on our brain. If make ourselves think one way, well, it becomes a habit. Many of us do not look like our dolls, that is correct. This site lets those who may have poor self image look however they want. I suppose because I look at things from more of a up front point of view, I see it as shallow.
  12. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

I see you've been a member for almost 2 years. In this time you have had this deep revelation? This is a game! Take it as such. Have fun. This is a way for young and old to express themselves through fashion, color and imagination. Perhaps it will be a stepping stone, and maybe one day one of these kids will be a designer, and you can buy her clothes. Enjoy it without dissecting it.
  13. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

It's a game...
  14. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

well it's just a game site.. to have fun with fashion
    so you're just voting on the outfits on which style you like better? :/
    i do see where you're coming from but i don't see it as a big problem
  15. Old Comment

The Theory of Divachix.

I understand what you mean, ladygaga0321, but alot of games on the internet are very similiar.
    Divachix is a fun game about fashion and to get a higher rank, its not about seeing who looks the best, because the people who play this game do not look like their divas. The better looking divas have more moolah and coins then the not so good looking divas because they have worked alot harder by voting and such. This gives them the right to be a high ranked diva. No one n this site is playing to make anyone else feel bad, its just a game about experimenting new outfits and ideas, and seeing what other divas think of them.
    The outfit feedback was introduced for divas to give constructive critiscism to others, not to say how hideous they look. However, i do see where you are taking this but what you have to understand is that the people who play on divachix dont look like their divas, so its not voting for the better looking person.