Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > definingd11
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Decisions..

Submit "Decisions.." to Digg Submit "Decisions.." to del.icio.us Submit "Decisions.." to StumbleUpon Submit "Decisions.." to Google
Posted 05-13-2013 at 03:42 PM by definingd11

So I recently posted a rant about disliking my new job. I have been going and trying to make it better but I still can't come to terms with enjoying it. So I am trying to weigh some options of where I can take my career in cosmetology..

1. I could find an apprentice/assistant program.. but it would mean I'd basically just shampoo people all day...

2. I could find a new salon.. but there are not that many hiring at the moment..

3. I could go back for teaching and get a license in educating. This would be interesting since I would work at a school, BUT if I do this I feel like I may be stuck only teaching afterward..

the bad part is if I don't go back to school now, then when I am older and on my own more it might be hard to go back since I wouldnt have time for a proper job.. get what I am saying? Right now I am still at home and still can afford to not have a 100% proper job.. I am aftaid if I go back when I am older I wont be able to juggle work and school!

I always wanted to be a teacher, I just figured I'd go whenever I felt it was right.. Now that I am hating my salon job maybe it is time to go back? I am only 20 tho.. I worry if I go for teaching that the older students won't take me seriously.. and on top of that I may have more trouble finding a teaching job since I haven't worked in the salon for long. Although I do feel like my skills are good enough to teach people.

With which ever option I choose I will still do hair whether it is in a salon or on the side so I won't be missing out on anything really...

My brain is fried and I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2340 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You could get your teaching licence, then gain experience, that way you have the teaching one if you want it but can still work in salons ect for experience?
  2. Old Comment
    the shampooing people doesnt sound too bad!
    Posted 05-13-2013 at 09:01 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Now looking into finances I may have to wait to become a teacher a bit.. UGH.