Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > just a fantasy girl
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Puppy love

Submit "Puppy love" to Digg Submit "Puppy love" to del.icio.us Submit "Puppy love" to StumbleUpon Submit "Puppy love" to Google
Posted 12-11-2012 at 07:44 PM by digitalkiss

Nope, not talking about a song (haha did that again) nor am I discussing my love life.
Literally, I'm in love with puppies.
Most people would agree to that statement because, well, they're puppies.
My personal view on all things 'baby' is that God was extra genius when he made puppy/kittens/babies so friggin adorable that no matter what awful thing they do, you still want to hug and kiss them.
My situation is this;
I'm a sixteen year old girl who has never owned a dog. Sure, my family has had a few around while I was a little one, but that sooo doesn't count!
Dogs have been my absolute favorite domestic animal ever since I can remember and although kittys make me squee as well, there's nothing like the personality and playfulness of a dog.
This all may sound utterly juvenile, but I'm sure there's something young and silly you guys still want (yeah, i'm looking at all you 'pony-wanters' out there :p).
I've had a guinea pig, who recently died, so now my room is empty. We had two cats, but we had to put one down a couple years ago due to his cancer. Now, one's left. He's 18 and really, close to the walking dead.
He's my dad's baby. I've mentioned this cat in a previous post-some of you might remember.
I'm pretty sure he'll have to be put down by the Spring.

I don't know what our house will be like without animals, though.
I've been looking into puppy info, dog breed info, training videos, and even cute puppy stuff on Youtube! I'm thoroughly obsessed-but that's nothing new.
I'd really love to get a Husky/Malamute, but my mom might want a smaller dog, and a Corgi has ranked high on any of the quizzes I've taken.
Do any of you have these breeds? Interested in getting a dog, or recently adopted one?
Gotta love the puppers!

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2987 Comments 7 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    quizzes?
    Posted 12-11-2012 at 09:44 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I've always wanted a Husky!
    But you should know, that they're pretty hard to train and shed A LOT.
    They're a lot of responsibility compared to other breeds and can be very hard control at times because they're so strong and big lol
    If you're really looking into getting one, then research more about them and watch videos of how to take care of them.

If you're thinking about getting a smaller dog, I would say a Yorkie, Shih Tzu or Pomeranian.
    I've always wanted to get a Pomeranian and get them groomed to look like Boo :3 so adorable
  3. Old Comment
    Get a yorkie! We breed them and theyre so adorable.
    Posted 12-12-2012 at 07:01 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fabulous_ View Comment
    I've always wanted a Husky!
    But you should know, that they're pretty hard to train and shed A LOT.
    They're a lot of responsibility compared to other breeds and can be very hard control at times because they're so strong and big lol
    If you're really looking into getting one, then research more about them and watch videos of how to take care of them.

If you're thinking about getting a smaller dog, I would say a Yorkie, Shih Tzu or Pomeranian.
    I've always wanted to get a Pomeranian and get them groomed to look like Boo :3 so adorable
    Haha yeah, my family had an Alaskan malamute that my mom trained from a puppy. She said she was a rotten puppy but a great dog. Friends of ours have a husky and she can be a bit scary at times but she's such a sweetie to me. The way the breed talks all the time is so interesting haha I doubt I'll be allowed to get one though because of the shedding :-/
    The small breed dogs like you suggested are pretty cute but I think they're just too yippy, cause the smaller you go the more barky I think they tend to be ):
  5. Old Comment
    The yippiness of the dog depends on the dog's personality. I have a yorkie, barely barks. only when you repeat words to her.
    Posted 12-12-2012 at 07:39 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Comment
    The yippiness of the dog depends on the dog's personality. I have a yorkie, barely barks. only when you repeat words to her.
    hm. alright. i know it can depend on the dog definitely, especially if it hasn't been trained properly, but there are breeds, like beagles, that just love to bark haha
  7. Old Comment
    Yes. It always depends how you train and raise them. You need to discipline the dog, just like you would a child. Conditioned them to behave basically.
    imo beagles are adorable, never had one tho haha
    Posted 12-13-2012 at 06:36 AM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline